Friday, June 26, 2009

After The Fall

Gallegos an ancient vampire turned in his mid 20's and Gies a fledgling vampire peer over the edge of the cliff into the darkness.

Gies lacking emotion like most vampires who have recently passed their natural life span looks to his superior and asks, "Gallegos? Do you think he could have survived?"

Gallegos responds lips barely even moving with an almost telepathic voice, "The boy couldn't have survived such a fall. I've personally tossed much older and stronger vampires over this very cliff and not one has ever returned. We are a vengeful race. If any of my victims would have survived I would know. Besides he was turned merely hours ago. Jacobi and the she-dog that chased him over the edge are unquestionably dead."

"Gallegos, why do you think he ran?"

"Love"

"Love?"

"He found out that we were going to use his little girlfriend as a pet as soon as her wolf blood matured. You do remember love don't you Gies?"

"Like a Dream"

Gallegos and Gies turn and walk away from the rising sun and back into the safe depths of vampire made catacombs inside the Mountains.

"Gallegos, I've been told that you have been inquiring about my life origins."

"And?"

"Sir you do know that there is a law against trying to find out if fellow vampires were born on Earth or in the afterlife. Some are Jealous of the Earth born, because they lived and died on earth only to be reborn in this world. We have enough problems with vampires like you who were born of two vampire parents who believe themselves to be of better-quality than the rest of us."

"Your point?"

"I might not live very long if it became common knowledge that I, Gies, am Earth born and a former human." Just saying the word is starting to leave a bad taste in Gies's mouth. "Don't you trust me Gallegos?"

"I do remember many years ago, you tried to retaliate once you learned that we intended to turn your lover over to the moon beast to punish you for taking a human for a wife.”

"I was naive, and still full of emotion."

"Human emotion, but soon your superior vampire emotions will consume you. When this happens I do hope that none of those silly human emotions about your family creep back into your soul, or I will exterminate you."

"She is nothing more than a memory."

"And what about seeing your son Jacobi jump over a Cliff?"

"Nothing."

2 comments:

  1. ohhhhh and the plot thickens...

    I think you have some fine ideas, and I would love to see you reflect some of the moods within the setting - or with non verbal actions - rather than spoon feeding the readers with everything.

    I look forward to the next installment.

    visitors can see my FF at http://annieevett.blogspot.com/2009/06/virtual-invasion.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annie, I agree with you %100! I know I have that problem. I hope to fix it with practice.

    ReplyDelete